Security Technician – Full Time
AG Security Group is South Australia's leading and largest privately owned security organisation that has been protecting Australians for more than 30 years. We are recognised for delivering a great customer experience, advanced technologies and innovative security solutions to government, utilities, critical infrastructure and commercial clients. The culture in our workplace is positive, supportive and sociable, where collaboration and innovation are recognised. Our team has built a great place to work and together, we always strive to make it even better.
Our team were proud to be recognised at the Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL) National Security Industry Awards for Excellence. We were also awarded by TQCS International, world leading ISO certification body, for our best practice Safety, Environmental and Quality Management achievements.
As we continue to grow, we are looking to add a Security Technician to our team. This new role is a full-time, permanent positions working within our Operations department.
In this role, you will use your broad experience and knowledge to perform the following:
- Installing alarm, access control CCTV, IP camera surveillance systems, in addition to NVRs, network routers, switches and other hardware.
- Installing cabling, conduits and fitting off new devices.
- Programming and commissioning new systems.
- Some potential regional works – Generous Living Away from Home Allowance (LAFHA) provided.
What you need
To be successful in this position, you will have demonstrated experience performing in a similar role. Ideally, you will have completed security product training or system certifications in security solutions, systems such as Interlogix Tecom, Inner Range Integriti or Gallagher, which would be desirable. In addition to this experience and knowledge, you will also have the following:
- Technical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Proficient IT skills and an understanding of networks
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised and as part of a team
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively and deliver works within specified appropriate timeframes
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety obligations and operational quality requirements
- Willingness to learn new technologies and undergo training
- Enthusiasm and a genuine interest in your profession is essential for your ongoing development and success in our team
The following licences are essential:
- South Australian Drivers Licence
- South Australian Security Licence
- ACMA Open Cabling Registration Licence
- White Card
What We Offer
We can offer you a very competitive salary in addition to paid parental leave, generous allowances, overtime, a modern and fully maintained company vehicle, fuel card, smartphone, laptop computer, plus your uniforms and PPE. We also provide a variety of training programs for our Team Members, which is our commitment to your ongoing learning and development with us. We genuinely do value all of our people.
Our Team Members take a great deal of personal pride in their work. We like to enjoy our time at work together, having some fun and a laugh along the way.
In our workplace, you will enjoy a great team and culture, with a positive social atmosphere.
How To Apply
Apply now if you are a motivated individual who would like to be a part of our supportive team who work together to achieve outstanding results.
Please include your current resume and a cover letter which addresses the above selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion and more information about this opportunity, please contact the People and Culture Team at our Adelaide office on (08) 8231 0411.
AG Security Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace.|
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.