Trades Assistant – Adelaide, South Australia
AG Security Group is South Australia's leading and largest privately owned security organisation that has been protecting Australians for more than 30 years. We are recognised for delivering a great customer experience, advanced technologies and innovative security solutions to government, utilities, critical infrastructure and commercial clients. The culture in our workplace is positive, supportive and sociable, where collaboration and innovation are recognised. Our team has built a great place to work and together, we always strive to make it even better.
Our team were proud to be recognised at the Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL) National Security Industry Awards for Excellence. We were also awarded by TQCS International, world leading ISO certification body, for our best practice Safety, Environmental and Quality Management achievements.
This is a key role within our organisation and incorporates varied responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Installing security fencing, electric fencing and chain mesh fencing
- Trenching, footings and civil works
- Assisting with cabling and security installations
- General labour duties
- Some potential regional works – Generous Living Away from Home Allowance (LAFHA) provided
To succeed in this role, we would expect you to have the following credentials, capabilities and qualities including:
- South Australian Drivers Licence
- Police Check Certificate
- White Card
- Electrical and/or cabling certification would be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience performing in a similar role
- Delivering high quality workmanship
- Physically capable to perform duties successfully
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised and as part of a Team
- Prioritising tasks and delivering works within appropriate time frames
- High attention to detail, organised, reliable and well presented
- Demonstrating a very high level of integrity and honesty
- Problem solving skills and experience with hand/power tools
- Strong understanding of Work Health and Safety obligations
- Willingness to undergo training
- A good attitude and motivation is essential for your ongoing development with us and success in our Team
To ensure your success, you will receive a lot of support in this role and will be encouraged to develop your strengths. We are committed to your ongoing learning and development with us, as we genuinely value all of our people.
What We Offer
In our workplace you will enjoy a very competitive salary, paid parental leave, generous allowances, company resources and your uniforms and PPE. We offer a great team and culture with a positive social atmosphere. Our team members take a great deal of personal pride in their work. We like to enjoy our time at work together, having some fun and a laugh along the way.
Who We Are
Our Purpose: Protecting our clients and their environments in every interaction
Our Vision: To be the leading security partner
Step Up - Be accountable and take ownership
Do the Right Thing - Act with trust and integrity
Care More - Be respectful and safe
Play as a Team - Work together and be proud
Our Team Members take a great deal of personal pride in their work. We like to enjoy our time at work together, having some fun and a laugh along the way.
In our workplace, you will enjoy a great team and culture, with a positive social atmosphere.
How To Apply
Apply now if you are a motivated individual who would like to be a part of our supportive team, who all work together to achieve outstanding results.
Please include your current resume and a cover letter which addresses the above selection criteria.
For a confidential discussion and more information about this role, please contact the People and Culture Team at our Adelaide office on (08) 8231 0411.
AG Security Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply